During my time working in the health sector, I have had the opportunity to work with people from all walks of life. Having worked previously in Singapore, I have a deeper global awareness and understanding of other cultures.
Whilst based in Singapore, I worked alongside the local community as well as with the Singapore American Expartriate Community.(SACAC).
My therapeutic approach is non confrontational, non judgmental and consistent with mutual respect.
✓ I’m a registered member of New Zealand Association of Counsellors and am also an active member of New Zealand Association of Positive Psychology.
✓ I am an approved provider for both the New Zealand Family Court for the Taranaki region and Victim Support New Zealand.
✓ I am an ACC-approved provider for sensitive claims and an EAP (Employee Assisted Provider) registered with Vitae.
✓ My practice offers workplace coaching and conflict management services, in addition to facilitating a variety of workshops and courses.
Qualifications & Certificates
- Masters in Social Science in Counselling – University of South Australia
- Diploma in Psychology- The Institute of Arts and Sciences, Texas
- Diploma in Professional Counselling – Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors.
- Couple Therapy
- Supervision Training for Social Services
- Solution Oriented Counselling
- Family Violence Advocacy, Assessment, Intervention & Prevention
- Prepare/Enrich Marriage Accredited Training
- Working with Youths
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing
- Understanding & Dealing with Gambling Addictions
- Working within a DBT Framework
- Incredible Years Parent Teacher Training
- Clinical Care – Mental Status Assessment, MSE Interviewing Strategies, Treatment and Discharge, Planning and Relapse Prevention.
- Risk Assessment and Management of risk to others.
- Mental Health Act/Community Safety Act.
- Care Environment – Privacy Act, Mental Health Sector Standards and Code of Rights.
- Recovery Programme (Trauma, Abuse & Recovery).
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or if you would like to make an appointment.
MNZAC, Counsellor, Registered with NZAC
I’m Shanti Rajan. I offer counselling, emdr-therapy and relationship counselling.